Four Rail Mounted Gantry (RMG) Cranes on the Way from Gdynia, Poland to Its Destination in New York City
Location: New York City, NY, USA
Description: The fact that all RMG cranes were fully assembled during the whole execution enabled the client to save valuable time on assembly and disassembly and to save storage costs in New York.
• Restrictions caused by busy ferry traffic at Upper Bay and East River
• Tide flow restrictions in the East River, affecting transit times and scheduling
• Limited lifting options and positions during offloading
• Placement of load spreading devices on the barges with a tolerance of only 10 millimeters
• High winds, which played a significant role due to the RMG cranes’ unfavorable center of gravity
Learn more about deugro and plan to visit them in Houston at Booth F57!
< Return to all entries